Monday, November 15, 2010

Ups and Downs

As we move closer to our departure date, I am experiencing some highs and lows, the lower feeling is new and I think emerging as this all becomes more of a reality. I have moments when I start to cry out of the blue, thinking about leaving our family and friends and our cat, and trying to come to terms with the real fact that we have no idea when we will return, or even if we will return any time soon.

That makes goodbyes eerie and sort of tough for me. We may not return to the Capital District. We may have to move elsewhere for job opportunities or other revelations that occur due to our trip. We may decide to live and work abroad a while. We may die (of course this is always a possibility!). And I know that all sorts of uncertainties exist on an every day level, but getting on that plane December 21 opens this whole new can of worms for Brian and I which of course is exciting but sometimes difficult to manage emotionally.

I know too, though, that often only big risks create opportunities for big "rewards", and that only I have the power to create a life that is meaningful, challenging, fulfilling, beautiful and authentic.

I got my backpack yesterday. I must say I love it. Here is a picture of my little backpacker guitar and my backpack, what will stay constant for me in the next year...


Tangent - I am in D.C. for work and it feels fitting to visit our nation's capital before leaving the country. Brian got our Vietnam visas today, $140! Woah!

No comments:

Post a Comment