Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Chanecka Family Christmas

Well this Christmas holiday with the Chanecka family was a whirlwind of cooking, family, music, presents, children and Slovak tradition. A memorable and very special few days with some warm wonderful people.

We went for many walks....

And made homemade kolache cookies and pirohi! So delicious! I was in shock and awe at the number of butter sticks we used, but all in the name of tradition :)




Two huge dinners in two nights, it was the Christmas of a thousand dishes...


And playing music together Christmas night with everyone joining in on percussion, singing and other instruments was the perfect way to end the holiday...


Brian and I have one more night in Davis and then it is off to Berkeley and San Francisco for some exploration. We will be seeing a play version of Siddhartha by Herman Hesse (one of the 3 books I am carrying in my bag!), visiting friends, hiking through Muir woods, enjoying the New Orleans Rebirth Brass Band on New Years Eve, taking a trip up to Napa Valley wineries with some friends, and then heading out to New Zealand on the 5th. We are so lucky lucky lucky to be having all of these experiences. I will be feeling that over and over again in the next year I believe.

I hope everyone had a beautiful and warm holiday with your friends and family. Happy New Year to you all, I know 2011 is going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment