Friday, January 7, 2011

Windy Wellington!






Well we are down under, and my god is it beautiful. We had a very long travel time, about 48 hours! We were stuck in LA for 4 hours and then missed our Auckland flight, but I was very impressed with our stay cool attitude and our ability to go with the flow in a delirious no sleep state :) And can you believe it, in Auckland as we were getting a new flight to Wellington, we saw
David Hasselhoff! Now how can you beat that! The pictures above are from around the Auckland area as we were landing. The color of the water and the green green of the hills was astounding... Below are some shots as we were landing in Wellington.


My cousin Heather has been a dream, picking us up from the airport, feeding us out of this world cheese and wine from the region, giving us her bed, etc etc etc. Yesterday we took a steep hike up to a gorgeous lookout and Heather explained to us the lay of the land. This morning I am well rested and refreshed and can't wait to explore the city :) Hey, I saw the water go down the sink in the opposite direction! I'm so grateful and blissed out right now. There are some amazing trees and flowers here, I will be taking lots of photos to share with you.

3 comments:

  1. I would really like a picture of that opposite swirl down the drain please:) You guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!! I'm so glad you guys made it safe and are having a great time out the gate. Post lots. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! Gorgeous photos. Can't wait for more. xoxo

    ReplyDelete