Saturday, April 23, 2011

Halong Bay

So we weren't sure if we were going to make it because I have had a bit of a flu thing going on, but we took the plunge and booked a 2 day one night excursion in Halong Bay on a beautiful Junk Boat called the Salsa. I am sooooooo grateful that we did this. This experience has skyrocketed into #1 place for the most awesome thing we have done thus far on our trip.



After the chaos, noise and pollution of Hanoi and Hue, the quiet, calm, outrageously beautiful Halong Bay soothed my soul. Floating quietly on our junk boat through hundreds of rock formations in the aquamarine water was surreal and unlike anything I have ever experienced before.


Our tour guides and captain were exceptional, and we were thrilled that our boat didn't capsize while we were sleeping.


We spent most of our time on the top deck of the boat just taking in all of the sights and relaxing.


We also stopped at one point and visited "The Amazing Cave", the largest cave I have ever experienced.


We went kayaking for part of the time and here is a shot of our boat in the background with its beautiful sails raised :)


The sunset was gorgeous and so tranquil and our dinner was dish after dish of fresh seafood and vegetables. By far, the coolest 2 days we have spent so far....


5 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! that looks like an incredible experience. i am now adding that to my places to go list!
    ~nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I'm glad you guys were able to do this, and glad you're feeling better. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. That looks so magical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This place looks so gorgeous and tranquil. I'm glad you are feeling well enough to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there, don't bring "NO" Asian flu back! ;)

    ReplyDelete