Thursday, June 9, 2011

Proud to be an American

I am proud to be an American. And I love Los Angeles, my heart feels alive here. And I seem to only notice the good things about this place when I visit here. I love being in a honky tonk bar with swing bands playing and the dance floor jammed with people of all walks of life and all ages dancing madly and joyously. I love hiking in the middle of a bustling city and being able to escape into the quiet sanctuary of nature so effortlessly. I love the elegant and extremely tall palm trees that lean this way and that, and I love the sea winds tickling my skin. I love the smiles of people passing me on the street, the buzzing creative energy and excitement, and the striving of so many to be better, do better, give more and take less. It is out there, I see it.

I also love how we speak our minds, and challenge each other, and how American women can be so powerful, influential and inspiring. I love love love the music we make and have made. And I love our diversity of thought, looks, and beliefs.

I am now on a train to Tucson from LA, and the landscape is stunning. Rolling golden hills with verdant orange and willow trees dotting the lower landscape of a rolling river valley. We press on and are surrounded by purple and shadowy jutting mountain ranges with whispering sagebrush, juniper trees and spinning wind turbines stretching for miles.

Only now being back here, back to my home, do I understand the breadth of the change that has occurred within me. My mind focuses on beauty, opportunity and what is good so much more, and my heart feels hopeful, light and free. I didn’t much feel this way, or experience the world so much in this positive way when I left 6 months ago. I realize now that I had for many reasons gotten off track, gotten off of the path my soul was meant to travel in this lifetime. It is so easy to do.

I believe we all know deep inside of us exactly what we are meant to do and what makes us feel most connected to the divine. I believe this. The trick is, after so many years of programming to cover, hide, and ignore our true selves to appease our family, lovers, and society, our minds have created layer upon layer of insulation on top of that knowing. I had six months to chip away at it. And I must say, I see a hole now with light streaming though. And it is warm and beautiful. And it is real. And if you are feeling the way I was feeling, please trust me, it can be different. But it takes work, and commitment. And often a leap into the unknown. I am so grateful I didn’t let fear prevent me from taking that leap.

I am so excited to start anew. To embark on a new career helping others come into alignment with their own personal purpose. It feels right. I coached my first client this weekend, and as we were working together I felt like time stopped, I was fully alive, and where I was supposed to be.

Thank you to all of the forces out there that helped me to get to the place I am now. I only hope I can give back to others in the same way as I move forward. Thank you to all of you who shared this journey with me. I will continue to write in this space until I have developed my new website if you are interested in staying connected to the next steps in my life :)

Life is good. Life is great. We are all good. We are all great exactly as we are, as we were, and as we will be.

4 comments:

  1. i am so happy that you guys were able to have such an incredible experience. america welcomes you back! well, at least i do.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. USA! USA! LA loves ya. Come back any time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stars aligned for you to take this life changing trip. It feels like it was meant to be. Yes! You are on your path now. How awesome!

    Also, Los Angeles loves you too. Especially Chili. The last two days, he woke up in the morning and went STRAIGHT into the office to look for you.

    ReplyDelete